English for Virtual Teamwork
addresses the specific communication needs of individuals working in global virtual teams. Topics cover:
- understanding and preparing for successful virtual communication
- choosing and managing the most effective tools and styles of communication
- building and maintaining global business relationships
English is trained using examples, case studies and group projects that highlight the unique challenges of working remotely. Intercultural competence and cultural intelligence (CQ) will also be trained so that you can improve your effectiveness in working with others from different cultures in a virtual environment.
The course is a combination of self-guided, individual learning, live class time in small groups with participants from around the world and small group projects where you can develop and test your language, communication, technical, professional and intercultural skills.
Throughout the course, you will be able to practice your, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Course participants also have access to our chatroom, where you can text one another as well as share and read interesting reports and articles.
Emails with questions and feedback for the course leader will always be answered promptly.
English for Virtual Teamwork - Course Outline
- Section 1 Introductions; Metacommunication
- Section 2 Team charter; Successful communication
- Section 3 Working in virtual teams
- Section 4 Building relationships; Charter due
- Section 5 Maintaining relationships
- Section 6 Working with multimedia
- Section 7 Analytical report; Formal writing
- Section 8 Informal writing
- Section 9 Managing diversity; Cultural mapping
- Section 10 Cultural mapping
- Section 11 Leadership and teams
- Section 12 Report review and reflection